Boston Marathon Day!
Oh my gosh. I am a newb; I had never watched a distance running event of any kind before today. And what a way to start! Things that were going through my mind:
- Whoa they made a formation! Like birds!
- 4:39. No. I couldn’t sprint anywhere close to that.
- This is making me excited for the Cleveland Marathon!
- His name is Hug and he is awesome.
- OMG these hills. Horrifying.
- Aww, goodbye Americans. You guys are still awesome!
- I just saw a close up of someone’s leg muscle. I feel stunningly inadequate.
- Women finished. That must have been heartbreaking for Dibaba. But huge congrats to Rotich!
- And another huge congrats to Desisa. You deserved to coast it in like that, you’re a true sportsman. (In case you missed it, Desisa won in 2013 and presented his medal to Boston in support of the city’s strength and unity after the tragic bombing.)
- Just wow.
I can’t wait to run in May, and can’t wait to watch again next year. K had many many thoughts too, but could only formulate one into a sentence, so I’ll leave you all with that:
“I cry every year.” – K